Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Spinning Rabbit

This morning I just finished spinning the fiber from my English angora rabbit, Blimunda, that I harvested last week. I blended her wool with some targhee (a type of sheep's wool) that I had previously cleaned. The result is a lovely heathered soft gray, but I will most likely overdye it. The heather will create wonderful tonals within the dye colour.

I usually cry at weddings, births, funerals... Yesterday was the first time I cried watching an inauguration. They were tears of joy on a day filled with hope. I don't have television service so I invited myself to my parents house for the momentus event. There was not a dry eye in the kitchen. So much possibility, so much resting on the shoulders of an eloquent and capable young man. For the first time in a very long time, I feel proud to be an American.

1 comment:

  1. The most frequent comment I've heard the last two days is what you said, "For the first time in a very long time, I feel proud to be an American." And not just because he is an African American; it's the intelligence and honesty, and a total absence of a sleeze factor. I don't think we've had that in a long, long, long time! now, spin that angora! --Rich

    ReplyDelete